Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mediocrity at Full Pace

Often there comes a point when we wonder what is all this worth of! I am at that point where i am starting to wonder why am i studying engineering and why Metallurgy?! And why on earth do i sit for placement into companies i don't look forward to work for? Why? Why to even give a test when you don't want to prepare? Why to study something and live a life of somebody when you don't want to be that? The society doesn't restrict you from making your choices.....what restricts you is your gut.

Okay, let me give the backstory. I am a Metallurgy student, who was 'chosen' by the department to study in NIT-D for 3 years and be parcelled to the Steel plant to produce steel everyday and make the country proud while boasting we produce so much tonnes of steel per day. It felt decent enough during my 2nd year when our professor passionately talked about Steel and its modern day significance and how we metallurgists are so rare. But then, i suddenly grow up, reach my final year and question the prospect of me being a metallurgist!

So, i take a reality check and wonder..where am i going wrong and find myself in a situation that looks like a bog and i'm nowhere near going out. Its so suffocating that i want to immerse myself in this viscous dirty fluid and never come back. And don't you worry, dear reader, this is not any sign of depression or something. Its just a rebellion against the mediocrity of my works and the lethargic brain cells that are taking time to react!

Its a great journey to reach the point when you understand the significance of your existence or rather make your life significant for others. But when my inner voice screams "Why the hell am i born in this world" and gets no answer to it; it irritates the hell out of me. Again, where do i stand?

I stand in nothingness; nothing to be passionate about, nothing to look for as a career, no foolproof plans, just like a sitting duck without any defence and ready to be taken out by the hunter!

#feelingsouseless

P.S.: Dear Readers, If you think the above post has made you form an opinion about me and my blog (if a negative one) ; YOU ARE BLATANTLY WRONG. Ahem...! By all means, I can do better. So keep coming back for more posts. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here