Monday, May 25, 2015

Life After College

I have always wondered during my Under-Graduation when my seniors used to whine and say ''Life sucks once you get out of college, cherish the moments when you can''; about what's so tough about life after college. I am now at that point of life, where i can weigh both the aspects and come to a logical conclusion about it also making my peers who are juniors aware of what to expect after graduating from your college.

Almost three weeks into completing the term at college, the idea of home settles in, unlike the initial days where you just couldn't accept the notion of college life coming to an end. The beautiful friendship bond taking backseat and more focus on your personal life steps in. No more late nights with friends and no more 'not caring how you spend your time'. Everything just stops and you keep going back to those memories of four long years and might even shed a tear or two in its remembrance.

Once you reach home, your parents are the happiest persons in the world; and they show love and care so much that they would want to compensate all the lost four years and drown you in their big pink ocean of love!. And this, in my case; is really frightening. I am a person who needs just the right amount of attention; not more, not less. When i get the too much of it; its as bad as getting too less! I tend to shut myself; go nuts and become a potentially crazy person that needs medical attention. Being at home; with all the extra love and care; it would sound ridiculous to most of the people but i am going to say it out anyway; that I am going crazy! Lack of work, lack of action, no fun, no friends around; no more creative stuff i used to do; no exercise; no going out on all by myself for long walks just shuts my mind and it feels suffocating. But hey, it won't be the same for everybody.

 I recently bought a Lenovo A7000 with my Dad's money and installed the much awaited WhatsApp and started asking people (i was so mesmerized with new phone that i started trivial conversations with just anybody on WhatsApp!) how they are doing after the college; if they are encountering same problems such as I or is it just me. People of my batch are suddenly the people who are always online. Ofcourse, i am online too and hence i got to know. Mostly my batch has resorted to either Facebook or WhatsApp to relieve their bored minds. To 'do' something when there's nothing to do; is damn tough!

'Boring' has become the most used word by our batch which recently passed out; and everybody started counting the days to join in a new office; to welcome new life. Its good to think there's something waiting for us at the end of the tunnel; either the job or some kind of work you would be engaged in for another long period of time and know that its going to build your career. This is the main reason, i think, my seniors advised to plan my career before passing out of college; because after that everything is going to be a hullabaloo and we won't have enough time to plan and execute. Else, there will be peer pressure and pressure from parents and relatives asking you what will you do with life and there you are, with no clue! Now, that's real hell. So, dear juniors, here's my piece of advice. Follow my seniors' words. Do plan out your career before leaving your college; because after that; you wouldn't want to think about what your friends are doing and what you are unable to. You wouldn't want to be a confused and self-loathing Under Graduate who has no clue what he/she wants from life.

One of my friends has started going to Zumba classes, working out every day during evenings to keep herself occupied. Another friend started to plan out a business idea that can earn a lot (take figures in lakhs!). And some are just enjoying their last few days at home, before embarking to their new lives in new cities. So, this is it. Life comes to a halt suddenly when you pass out of college and the pace it picks up is slow; and every moment you would want to do something that can bring the action back.  The occurrence of something interesting and out of blue is minimal.

Out of three weeks at home, this is what I have come upto. Almost hating my life at home; reminiscing the good old days at college. Maybe this could get better. Maybe not. Only way to find out is wait for my next post.

Image Courtesy: ugacareercenter.files.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here